- RSS Channel Showcase 9155339
- RSS Channel Showcase 7516050
- RSS Channel Showcase 5834832
- RSS Channel Showcase 3541250
Articles on this Page
- 09/26/11--05:02: _Walk Across Juarez #7
- 10/28/12--09:38: _Only the beginning…
- 11/15/12--15:29: _Marathon in Juarez-...
- 11/26/12--10:15: _Is Mexico Safe?
- 12/22/12--04:58: _Is Mexico Safe…Really?
- 03/30/13--06:53: _The Birth of the Ma...
- 04/23/13--15:15: _Violence in Mexico:...
- 05/16/13--08:22: _Running trip to Jua...
- 07/23/13--10:00: _Open the Door and L...
- 02/26/17--07:13: _Is Mexico Safe?
- 09/26/11--05:02: Walk Across Juarez #7
- 10/28/12--09:38: Only the beginning…
- 11/15/12--15:29: Marathon in Juarez- I ran it!
- 11/26/12--10:15: Is Mexico Safe?
- 12/22/12--04:58: Is Mexico Safe…Really?
- 03/30/13--06:53: The Birth of the Margarita- Safely
- 04/23/13--15:15: Violence in Mexico: an update
- 05/16/13--08:22: Running trip to Juarez Marathon
- 07/23/13--10:00: Open the Door and Let em In!
- 02/26/17--07:13: Is Mexico Safe?
I am smiling chuckling- we had so much fun there in Juarez. I am high in Copper Canyon along the train line in the little town of Areponapuchi. My room at Mansion Tarahumara is littered with scrawled papers, open books, dirty socks, half empty and stale tequila glasses…and I am deeply happy as I think […]
Back from Copper Canyon Just back from another safe and fascinating trip to Copper Canyon, I was sitting this morning in the cafe of an El Paso hotel gobbling down some breakfast. From the muzak-like speakers over head came the strains of that old CTA song, “Only the Beginning” and it took me back to […]
Go to http://www.facebook.com/maratongnj and you can see me run by at about 27 seconds in my white Authentic Copper Canyon shirt with my friend Sergio Madero right behind me. Yes Juarez in changing I was in Juarez a few weeks ago with a gorup of writers and bloggers- a cool bunch and good sports too. […]
Yes, yes, yes- Mexico is safe! One more article on travel in Mexico just came out from someone who has actually been there- this time from one of the writers I recently took through Chihuahua. We had a group of writers, bloggers, tour providers, and travel professionals on a seven day journey in through Juarez, […]
Lonely Planet has published a very good article recently that brings some reason to this issue of violence in Mexico and how it affects Americans who travel there. We have written about it and have shared our experience, having taken many groups into Copper Canyon and Chihuahua right through these years of the conflict. Here […]
I travel all over Chihuahua as we treat people to our Copper Canyon train trips. Having studied and experienced he various ways of getting in and out of Copper Canyon I have opted out of other options companies use to save money or fill their own hotels. The best way is in and out of […]
Here are some of my personal observations on the security situation- especially in Chihuahua and Copper Canyon: 1. I was in Puebla and Mexico City a few weeks ago for 10 days and security was not even an issue of discussion. This is interesting since the perception with so many in the US is that […]
I love Juarez–the much maligned sister of El Paso. As I have walked the streets there numerous times over the past few years (yes, during the “worst of times”) I have come to find it friendly, relaxed, developing and very welcoming to gringos like me. So last year in October- actually on my birthday- I […]
I saw this article by Rana Foroohar on immigration reform in Time the other day and it seems to make perfect sense to me–based on my observations in Mexico and around the border. Here are my non-political observations: the border areas seem to be quite safe for gringos the flow of people toward the US […]
Is Mexico safe? Once again this morning I received an email with this question. Someone had been on this site and had some interest in going to Copper Canyon. I get this question quite often and I always try to answer as best I can and answer it completely. We assume a lot about Mexico […]